Monday late night talk show hosts weigh in

Occasionally on Progress Pond, I use my space there to post videos of some of my favorite late night talk show hosts. I'll try to use this space here a bit more often now. Let's start tonight's roundup with Jon Stewart, who has recovered from COVID:


Next let's hear from Seth Meyers who wants to cover the last three weeks in 15 minutes in his A Closer Look segment:


Yes, a lot happened in three weeks, and there was, as the late Frank Zappa would say, some state of the art weirdness. And yes, Seth has been referring to Trump and his various sidekicks as weird for several years now. Hell, I've made plenty of off the cuff remarks about how strange, weird, goofy, wack, or batshit insane Trump and his minions have been for a while too. Kudos to Tim Walz for making it go viral, thus succeeding where the rest of us failed. 

I will say this: if your retort to an insult is to defensively deny it or to use the old "I am rubber, you are glue" tactic to retort, you have already lost control of the conversation. It's over. We all learn that at about the age of five (or maybe sometime past 80 years if you are Trump) in the schoolyards, playgrounds, cul-de-sacs and streets. Trump will eventually fig....oh, who am I kidding! It's too late.

Anyway, as we continue to muddle through Indecision 2024, we can at least laugh a bit along the way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ozymandias

Could a Russian Revolution End the Ukraine War?

Leap Day 2020 retrospective